Thursday 29 October 2009

Finally finsihed a Model!!!


After many months (even years if I am honest!) I have finally finished a model.

I wanted to get started again with modelling but realised how rusty I had become. I didn't want to practice on my half built S-3 Viking so decided to give one of the little 1/48th scale vehicles a go from Tamiya. My thinking being that they wouldn't take too long to complete and it would be a good refresher.

I really enjoyed building this little "Austin Tilly" and I finished it in RAF colours so that I could use it as a diorama accesory with my WW2 aircraft. The kit went together like a dream and if I hadn't messed up with the primer it would have been finished in no time. As it was I re-learned a valuable lesson about paint finishes and clean surfaces. It got me totally hooked again on modelling and past that barrier I seemed to have been stuck at for way too long.

Now I can't wait to get the Viking finished, just hope I can get it completed ready for Telford.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, nice to hear you are managing to model at last.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Looks real good. Like the fact that you have a figure in it.
    Andy.

    ReplyDelete